Residential Architect Services - Comal County
Our designs service approach is simple! Most clients are surprised how easy it is to have their home custom designed. We have designed many homes with little more than a doodle on a napkin to start with. The most important thing that we need to know is what size of house you want to build and what you want it to look like. Usually a picture of something you have seen or taken will be enough to get started. Each project follows these simple steps below.
- The first step in the process is to set up a design consultation to go over the project details. This is normally done at our office location but can be achieved at the proposed site location.
- From there we carefully consider the client's specific requirements, ideas and book clippings. The topics that we will discuss in our meeting are: Your style of living, household members, number of bedrooms required, other living areas, outdoor living requirements, design style options (what you want your house to look like) and construction budget.
- At this point we have enough information to start the design process. We take all your ideas and turn them into a floor plan layout. The layout is then reviewed by you and any revisions are incorporated into the drawing. This may take 1 or even 10 layouts until you are completely satisfied with the floor plan. Once the basic home plan is approved, we then can start the exterior elevation. After your approval of the exterior elevation we have enough information to start the construction documents.
- The construction documents are drawings and specifications required for the construction of the project. This step will include: all dimensions, construction notes, electrical plan, detailed roof design, interior cabinet elevations and wall sections.
- Upon completion of the construction documents, the plans are ready for pick up! The plans can be sent via email to builders of your choice to start the bid process.
Design is a process that typically moves back and forth between designer and client. These steps can all be achieved over emails through (PDF) sketches! This will allow you to view the progression of your plans at the leisure of your home.